Your entry must reach us by 5pm, 3 September 2010.
Terms and Conditions:
- The Black Dog Institute ACN 115 954 197 (the Institute) is conducting a short film competition, limited to residents in Australia.
- By participating in the competition and submitting your entry, you are deemed to accept these Terms and conditions of the Competition. If an entrant is under the age of 18, they must obtain parent or guardian approval of these Terms and Conditions before submitting an entry.
- Entries must be must be received via email by 5pm 3 September 2010.
- Clips should be no longer than 90 seconds. Winning clips may be reproduced and it is necessary that they be high resolution.
- Multiple entries can be submitted.
- Entries that cannot be opened or viewed by Black Dog Institute will be deemed invalid.
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia.
- By entering this competition you affirm that your entry is original and your own work and confirm that it will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- By submitting your clip to the Institute, you assign all intellectual property rights (including but not limited to full copyright) to the Institute. You agree that your entry may be used by the Institute for promotion, education, teaching and research purposes. You agree that your clip may be published in whole or in part and agree that in using or publishing your clip the Black Dog Institute does not have to acknowledge you as the creator and may edit and/or alter your clip.
- You must ensure and represent that the clip is not sexually explicit, offensive or defamatory in any way.
- You agree that no fee will be payable to you for the assignment of your entry to the Institute and the Institute's use of your entry.
- If your entry identifies other persons or includes images or identifying information of people, you must obtain the prior permission of those other persons to the taking of the images or information, the submission of your entry and their agreement to the use of their image by the Institute. You will provide us with written evidence of this permission if the subject identifiable and indemnify the Institute in relation to any loss, claim or liability arising out of any photos taken without first obtaining the necessary consent.
- This is a competition of creativity and skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on merit. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entries will not be returned.
- There is one prize to be awarded, for the winning film. The winner will be notified by email or phone, using the contact details provided on the Registration Form. Highly Commended may be invited to take part in a prize giving ceremony, date to be determined.
- Highly Commended entrants may be required to submit a high quality version of their film.
- If the competition prize is not claimed, or the winner is unable to be located within 1 month from the day that the prize is awarded, the Institute may draw another winner for the prize.
- The prizes are NOT transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Black Dog Institute is not liable for any costs associated with entering the Competition.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Institute makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability, merchantability of the prize. The Black Dog Institute will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or personal injury which is suffered or sustained in relation to this promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Black Dog Institute accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or for technical or email issues associated with entering this competition.
- Entries which do not comply with these terms and conditions will not be eligible for the draw.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of Australia and the courts of New South Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising-therefrom.
Competition Privacy Notice
Personal information collected from you in connection with this competition is limited to the items on this application form and whatever personal information about yourself or other persons that you choose to provide in your entry. If your entry identifies other persons, you must have obtained the agreement of those persons to the taking of the image/footage and the inclusion of their image before submitting your entry to the Black Dog Institute. Personal information obtained from you via the Entry Form will be used solely for the purposes of running the Competition.
Personal information about you or other persons that you have included in your entry may be used by the Institute for further education, research, teaching and promotional purposes and may be published. The names of winners and any award recipients and their home State or Territory, will be published on the Black Dog Institute’s website and in other promotional material. Subject to any editing deemed necessary by the Institute, we will also place the entry on our website and in other promotional material.
The Institute reserves the right, at its discretion, not to include the author's name and/or personal information about a third person if the Institute believes that the inclusion of this identifying information is not appropriate.
Black Dog Institute, Hospital Road, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick NSW 2031 ABN 69 110 575 092.