This workshop aims to increase health professionals’ skill and confidence in taking a detailed suicide history and developing a collaborative management plan to increase the safety of people planning suicide. It also provides practical tools for health professionals managing the full spectrum of suicide risk presentations including the acute suicidal crisis, care after a suicide attempt and assisting families experiencing suicide bereavement.
Completion of predisposing activity
GP Registrars;GPs;Multi-disciplinary;Psychologists;Social Workers;Other mental health professionals
Topic 1 – Suicide and Stigma
Topic 2 – The Suicidal Crisis
Topic 3 – Acute Management
Topic 4 – After the attempt
Topic 5 – Bereaved by Suicide
• Undertake a suicide risk assessment effectively
• Develop a collaborative safety plan
• Implement a team approach to treatment planning
• Provide effective management following a suicide attempt
• Respond to the needs of people bereaved by suicide
Choose your location and book this course online:
|NSW||8 Church St Bellingen NSW||Saturday, May 16, 2020||09 AM-05 PM||$ 50.00||Course is already expired.
Go to all courses