For GPs living/practicing in non-metro areas.
GP Peer Support and Case Discussion Groups are a closed group of GPs operating over 8 x 1-hour sessions. The aim of these groups is to allow participants the opportunity to connect with one another, to discuss issues arising from their own cases, explore challenges faced in practice and provide peer support to others who may be experiencing similar issues.
The content of these sessions will be determined by the group and will be facilitated by an experienced GP facilitator from Black Dog Institute’s Professional Education team.
A CPD points application will be made to ACRRM/RACGP for all group members who participate in all 8 sessions.
• Course Delivery Method: Online via Zoom
• Meeting Frequency: Monday nights, every 2 weeks for 8 sessions (16 weeks total)
• Start Date: 1 February 2021
• Finish Date: 10 May 2021
• Time: 7.30 – 8.30pm AEDT/AEST
This training is for GPs living in rural/regional Australia only due to generous philanthropic grant aimed at improving mental health in rural and regional areas across Australia
Reliable internet connection, and microphone and a webcam. Sessions will not be recorded to ensure client confidentiality is maintained.
ACRRM: 4 Performance review and 4 Educational activity PDP units
RACGP: 40 Accredited Activity CPD points (Peer Support Group learning activity)
By the end of the sessions, participants will:
• Feel confident in seeking peer support to help solve clinical dilemmas in mental health
• Understand the value of collective problem solving in mental health
• Understand the personal advantages of having peer group support to help manage their own work-related stress
• Identify supports and resources that might be useful in their care of patients’ mental health and in maintaining their own personal psychological equilibrium
• Be able to nominate at least one improvement in their own clinical practice as a result of participation in the group.
Choose your location and book this course online:
|Monday, February 01, 2021||07:30 PM-08:30 PM||$ 50.00||Course is already expired.
Go to all courses