This highly interactive workshop aims to provide GPs with a comprehensive theoretical understanding of anxiety disorders together with an extensive range of skills and strategies to better manage anxiety in their practices. Clinical scenarios form the basis of learning as participants explore how anxiety disorders arise, how they are maintained and the role general practitioners can play in addressing these effectively.
The program will assist GPs to gain further confidence and competence in the effective use of Focused Psychological Strategies (FPS).
• 40 RACGP QI&CPD Category 1
• 30 ACRRM PRPD
• Approved for Focused Psychological Strategies CPD (FPS CPD)
Completion of predisposing activity
Topic 1: Understanding Anxiety
Topic 2: Assessing Anxiety
Topic 3: Behavioural Strategies
Topic 4: The Anxious Mind
Topic 5: Pharmacological Treatments
Topic 6: Putting it all Together
• Distinguish between normal anxiety and clinically significant anxiety disorders.
• Identify common avoidance and safety behaviours and the central role they play in anxiety disorders.
• Employ behavioural techniques such as relaxation, mindfulness meditation and graded exposure to assist patients with anxiety disorders.
• Challenge unhelpful cognitions and metacognitions commonly associated with anxiety disorders.
• Appraise the role of medications in the management of anxiety disorders.
Choose your location and book this course online:
|NSW||Randwick||16 May 2020||09 AM - 05 PM||$360.00||
Enrol Now GP accreditation for this workshop in the 2020-23 triennium is pending approval with the RACGP and ACRRM
|NSW||Liverpool||14 Jun 2020||09 AM - 05 PM||FREE||
Enrol Now Kindly sponsored by the South Western Sydney PHN and only available to GPs within the South Western Sydney PHN catchment
|QLD||Brisbane||07 Mar 2020||09 AM - 05 PM||$360.00||Enrol Now|