A clinically relevant program designed to help you manage chronic and relapsing cases of depression effectively in a climate of reduced funding and limited sessions.
Based on our latest understanding of how depression develops and presents, the program provides a practical framework and evidence-based strategies to manage complex presentations of depression that require more than routine treatment. Knowing what to assess for, how to build a team approach and address treatment barriers will benefit both patients and clinicians by improving treatment response, and helping to ease strain, and ethical and practice dilemmas often faced by clinicians.
In this highly interactive course, clinicians will have the opportunity to work on real case studies, reflect on their own experiences, and learn from peers. The program has been developed based on extensive consultation with Mental Health professionals to identify the issues and solutions for dealing with complex presentations of depression. It is run by highly experienced clinicians with advanced group facilitation skills.
• 6 Hours CPD (psychologists)
• 6 Hours OPD (counsellors)
• AASW Endorsed CPD
Counsellors, Psychologists, Social Workers, Youth Workers
Topic 1: Current Status
Topic 2: Current Conceptualisations
Topic 3: Assessment Guidlines
Topic 4: Treatment Planning
Topic 5: Psychological Treatment
Topic 6: Therapist Self Care
• Identify practical strategies to manage chronic and relapsing depression with limited resources
• Undertake assessments in complex presentations of depression to overcome barriers and achieve optimal relapse management
• Develop realistic, priority driven treatment plans that target shared driving factors
• Foster a multidisciplinary team approach to treatment planning
• Reduce strain, address ethical dilemmas and prioritise therapist self-care for career longevity
• Work effectively within the current mental health funding programs
• Address clinical issues relevant to depression as a chronic disease
Choose your location and book this course online:
|QLD||Brisbane||07 Jun 2019||09 AM - 05 PM||$360.00||Register and Pay Online|